Kick-off the 2019-2020 school year at the 51st annual Chicken Bowl!
The Chicken Bowl is a long-time LHS tradition, where fall activities are introduced to the community on the track in Hutchins Stadium. Plus – there’s full concession stand and attendees can purchase food tickets to a enjoy chicken dinner before the start of the program.
Chicken Bowl Event Details
- Thursday, August 22nd
- Hutchens Stadium
- Free admission!! (New for 2019!)
- $7/person for chicken dinner
- Buy your food tickets online (New for 2019!)
- 5:15 p.m. dinner served; 6:00 p.m. program begins
- Full concession stand
- Raffles & Drawings
- RailsShop open to stock up on LHS apparel
- Help a southside elementary school earn a BLH grant (New for 2019!)
- More details below!
- Student showcases by:
- Marching Band
- Football (Intersquad scrimmage)
- Railettes Dance Team
- Fall Sport Introductions*:
- Boys Cross Country
- Girls Cross Country
- Girls Swimming & Diving
Share the event flier with friends and family to encourage them to come out and support this BLH fundraiser and event. Let’s fill the stands with Southside pride!
*Boys Golf is competing against Ottumwa and unable to attend the event.
BLH Elementary School Grant Details
Vote for your neighborhood elementary school to receive a $50 donation to their school library! The Chicken Bowl is aims to bring Southsiders of all ages together to celebrate a new school year and show younger students what being a future Railsplitter is all about!
We’ll have a table set up near the RailsShop where you can stop by to cast your vote. One vote per person (of any age!) please.